EZ TURBO CHARCOAL STOVE
RS 12,500 RS 11,500
If you are craving for rice, this earthy clay pot rice with silky chicken and mushrooms is the ultimate comfort food.
You will need:
- 3 boneless chicken thigh fillets cut in to halves
- 3 cheese or garlic chicken sausages sliced (1 cm thinckness)
- Salt and white pepper to season
- 2 tbsp light soya sauce
- 2 tsp dark soya sauce
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp miso
- 2 tsp corn flour
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2-inch piece of ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 large onions quartered
- 6 Bok choy leaves with stalk or broccoli florets
- 6 dried shitake mushrooms, halved
- 1/2 cup of the water from soaking the shitake mushrooms
- A clay pot or a heavy-based saucepan with a fitting lid
- Shallots or spring onions and red chillies sliced at a diagonal
How to prepare:
- Soak the dried shitake mushrooms in warm water for 15-minutes to rehydrate. Strain and set aside. Reserve 1/2 cup of the water for later use.
- Wash and soak rice for 15-minutes. Strain and set aside.
- Season the chicken fillets with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Combine the light soya sauce, dark soya sauce, oyster sauce, miso, sesame oil and corn flour. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the vegetable oil in a clay pot over medium fire on the Stove. Stir-fry the sausage until crispy. Set aside. Then add the chicken and onions, and stir-fry for another 2 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, and mushrooms while continuing to stir-fry for another 1-minute. Add the sausages back into the pot.
- Pour in the rice vinegar to the pot with the chicken, onion and mushrooms. Deglaze the pot.
- Add the rice and mix well. Pour and stir in the chicken stock, reserved water from soaking the mushrooms, and the remaining 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Bring the rice to a gentle boil on medium heat.
- Cover with the lid. Reduce heat and cook over low flame for 20-minutes or until rice is steamed and the bottom of the rice is a little charred or crusty.
- Add the Bok choy or broccoli on top of cooked rice and cover with lid to steam before serving.
- Garnish with shallots or spring onions, and red chilli slices.
- Serve hot with chili paste and soya sauce. ENJOY!
MORE TO READ