EZ TURBO CHARCOAL STOVE
RS 12,500 RS 11,500
This piquantly seasoned lamb recipe is a slow cooked one-pot dish that can be efficiently prepared over the EZ Turbo Charcoal Stove.
You will need:
- 500g lamb cubes
- 1 tbsp salt and pepper mix
- Extra 1 tsp salt for caramelizing onions
- 2 large onions quartered
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp saffron
- 1 cinnamon stick (2-inch)
- 2 star anise
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 piece of ginger (1-inch), minced
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp honey
- 8 pitted prunes/apricots/dates
- 4 lemon slices (1/4-inch thickness)
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 4 tree tomatoes quartered
- 1 large potato quartered
- 1 large carrot sliced diagonally (2 cm thickness)
- 1/2 cup parboiled chickpeas
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- A tagine or a traditional earthenware pot with a tight-fitting lid (dome shaped is preferred)
- Toasted almonds
- Mint leaves, chopped
How to prepare:
- Season the lamb with the salt and pepper mix. Set aside for 10-minutes.
- Caramelize the onions in oil with the extra salt, sugar and vinegar in the tagine, over the Stove.
- Mix the spices, garlic, ginger, tomato puree and honey with the lamb cubes, and add into the tagine with the caramelized onions.
- Place the lemon slices, prunes and mint leaves on top of the lamb.
- Add the vegetable stock (if required excess water) to reach 3/4 of the tagine.
- Cover and cook on low heat for approximately 30-45 minutes.
- Add the potato, carrot and chickpeas mid-way in to cooking.
- Done when the lamb is tender.
- Dissolve the flour in a little water and add to thicken the gravy from cooking the lamb.
- Add the tree tomatoes and let it gently steam.
- Garnish with toasted almonds and mint leaves.
- Serve with lemon couscous or yellow rice. Enjoy!
MORE TO READ