EZ TURBO CHARCOAL STOVE
Delicately cooked succulent pink salmon with a crispy skin, served with a silky-smooth lemon sauce is an easy sumptuous dinner recipe that you can cook on the EZ Turbo Charcoal Stove under 15 minutes.
You will need:
For the fillets
- 2 Salmon fillets with skin on (room temperature)
- 4 tsp butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt and crushed pepper to taste
- Sheet of baking paper
For the sauce
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp finely chopped leak or shallots (white part)
- Dill or parsley leaves, chopped
- Lemon zest, grated
How to prepare:
- Carefully inspect the salmon fillets and remove any pin bones and scales, if any. Pat-dry the fillets with kitchen paper to remove any excess moisture. Season the fillets with salt and crushed pepper. Set aside.
- Preparing the sauce: Firstly, melt the butter and lightly tempering the leaks or shallots in a saucepan, over the Stove. Then, add the broth, cream, mustard, salt and pepper and bring to a gentle boil. Lastly, add the lemon juice and whisk while the sauce simmers until it is smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Preparing the salmon: Using a flat-based fry pan melt the butter and olive oil on low heat, over the Stove. Place one fillet with skin side down and increase the heat to high. Gently move the fillet to ensure that is does not stick to the pan and there is enough butter and oil under the skin. Place a sheet of baking paper and press down evenly with a flat spatula spoon or place a heavy lid over the fillet. When the skin is crispy, turn the fillet with the skin side up. Turn heat to low and cook until the fillet is done (i.e., from the side view, you will notice the salmon cooked around half-way up from the pan). Salmon is succulent and delicate when done medium or medium rare (internal 580 C). Repeat for the second fillet.
- Plate each fillet with the crispy skin facing up, and drizzle the warm creamy lemon sauce around the fillet.
- Garnish the top of the fillet with dill or parsley leaves and lemon zest.
- Serve warm with boiled vegetables. ENJOY!