EZ TURBO CHARCOAL STOVE
This is a quick and easy kebab, marinated with an enticing tandoori masala paste and deliciously charred on the EZ Turbo Charcoal Stove for added flavour.
You will need:
For the tofu and vegetables
- 24 tofu cubes (1x1x1-inch) blanched
- 12 parboiled cauliflower florets (large)
- 12 red bell pepper squares (1×1-inch)
- 12 zucchini circles (1/2-inch thick)
- 12 onion cubes (1x1x1-inch)
- 6 long skewers
For the tandoori rub
- 1 cup curd or yoghurt
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 200g rice or gram flour
- 1 tsp lemon or lime juice
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red or orange food coloring (optional)
- Vegetable oil
- Coriander leaves coarsely chopped
- Lemon or lime wedges
How to prepare:
- Soak skewers in water for 20 minutes prior to use, if using bamboo skewers.
- Combine the tandoori rub ingredients. Adding a couple of drops of the food coloring to enhance the color.
- Marinade the tofu and cauliflower florets with the tandoori rub. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Assemble the tofu and vegetables on the skewers alternatively. Leaving at least 1-inch on each end of the skewer for easy handling.
- Prepare the grill on the Stove by brushing oil on the cold grill grates. Wipe off excess oil and heat the grill on high heat until it smokes and oil is burnt off.
- Place the kebabs on the hot grill. Brush with a mix of oil and honey. Rotate skewers until slightly charred evenly.
- Plate the kebabs.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and lime wedges.
- Serve hot with saffron rice and mint/raita/tamarind sauce(s). ENJOY!